Introduction to Compassionate Communication
Session 1: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Session 2: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Session 3: Sunday, April 8, 2018, 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Learn the powerful foundations of Nonviolent (Compassionate) Communication
- Engage in challenging or difficult conversations with more ease and confidence
- Create more possibilities to hear and honor your own and others’ true needs
- Feel understood and be able to offer understanding
- Build trust, cooperation and empathy in your interactions
People who learn these skills celebrate new insights and say they wished they had learned these tools years earlier. They value having a more calm presence in the face of conflict, greater ability to dissolve blame and resentment and say that they now experience more freedom, more creativity, more energy and more joy.
Led by by Irene Bowers, who has practiced and shared NVC since 2004, this workshop offers an experiential learning process that support participants in learning and practicing these skills. The class is open to anyone who wants to develop their communication skills.
Where: Winchester Thurston School, 555 Morewood Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 (corner of Morewood and Ellsworth)
registration begins January 1, 2018
Compassionate Communication Monthly Gathering
We gather to explore a Nonviolent Communication theme (for example: honest expression, deep listening, self-connection). This usually includes doing an exercise or role play, plus opportunities to reflect about ways the theme relates to our own life situations. Each gathering concludes with expressions of gratitude.
- First Saturday of every month, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Meeting Room 2, Homewood Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- 7101 Hamilton Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15208
- location website
The NVC Academy offers hundreds of affordable online personal growth courses and resources to learn Nonviolent Communication from home.